//some 3rd party need geo

Undeliverable Mail Message

Since my recent conversion to BB, I have been getting the following notification - sometimes.

I have retained all of my old email addresses from my original ISP although I now use BT Broadband.

The only other clue I can offer (apart from the apparent randomness) is that this message appears in my Inbox almost instantaneously following the pressing of the Send button.

I can copy the content and send by Hotmail, but switching between other accounts has no effect.

Any ideas would be most helpful. Message below:

==============================

Sent: 24 March 2005 19:28

To: '[email protected]'

Subject: Undeliverable: Order Number: MS96LH20003600

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: Order Number: MS96LH20003600

Sent: 24/03/2005 19:28

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'[email protected]' on 24/03/2005 19:28

None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

==============================

VoG II 20:24 24 Mar 05

Is the From field empty in the copy in your Sent Items folder? click here

Jak_1 20:26 24 Mar 05

Is your virus scan up to date?

Jackcoms 20:27 24 Mar 05

I assume that the intended recipient is still available/in business???

VoG™

Thanks for the link, the first 3 are definitely true but having a problem locating the 4th NDR option

I would guess that this is the reason, but why since BB???

Jak_1

Yes and I have done an online Trend Micro scan and all is clear but thank you

Jackcoms

The Hotmail works fine but again thank you for your response

I believe that VoG™ has the correct answer once I have resolved the NDR element, it must be there somewhere....

Gordon

The symptoms described in the link above matched what I was getting perfectly. As expected my Wife had the same problem with her email on a different computer.

As I had not used any Microsoft support I contacted Microsoft and we started a lengthy process of investigation all to no avail. My Wife then said ‘but I am running Outlook2002!’

I checked her message and it was slightly different to mine in that it had the words

‘550 Administrative Prohibition’

For her rejected off-domain emails. I checked by changing to Outlook 2002 on my machine and got her result, I then went back to Outlook 2000 with the same 550 result. Microsoft was kept informed of this and came up with the ‘Answer’ that it was not client based but server based error.

I went to WhatIsMyISP and from there to a check on blocking of spammers database where I found that the whole of BT was on the black list of somebody called SORBS,

I was into Google for ‘550 etc’ and eventually found the site that spelt out the cure for me, all that was needed was to change the SMTP address for my retained accounts from the old ISP to smtp.btinternet.com – but you knew that didn’t you :))

Posted in the hope that this may save somebody else a lot of hard work.

Best wishes

Gordon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…