Undeleting files

Anyone know where I can get a program to do this, have looked in the downloads section but no downloadable program there.

Have accidently removed an inportant zip file, too quick on the button, had not realised the file was in the bunch to be deleted.

Many thanks

Dave

Sethhaniel 16:10 22 Dec 03

that makes your recyle bin able to recover deleted files by right clicking the bin and using its command

Jester2K 21:01 22 Dec 03

Download on another PC and save to floppy. Run from the floppy (otherwise you might overwrite your deleted file if you haven't already)

click here

Thanks for the good advise, hopefully will be able to undelete tomorrow when I get hold of the program

Jester2K 21:16 22 Dec 03

Oh abd stop using the PC you deleted the file from sharpish if you haven't yet. The more you do the more you risk over writing it....

GroupFC 22:37 22 Dec 03

You could also try this click here.

I haven't used it myself but I have seen it recommended here before in similar situations.

Jester2K 22:40 22 Dec 03

I've tried this several times under Windows XP. Its "crash-tastic"....

GroupFC 22:53 22 Dec 03

Its "crash-tastic".... - Is that good or bad?

Jester2K 22:54 22 Dec 03

:-((

Always seems to throw lots of errors under XP. Not just on my PC but others too....

Probably just me....

GroupFC 23:00 22 Dec 03

Ok, thanks for that. I'll bear it in mind - as I said I haven't used it but I have seen it mentioned here before.

I am an avid collector of what may at some point in the future be useful links and this was one of them - I am still learning this pc business so I'll make a note of your comments for future reference too!

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…