Undelete formatted hard drive

plebbydoo 12:20 03 Jul 03

Recently, I had cause to format a hard drive after undertaking a full system back up to tapes. However, it appears that the back up did not work fully and I am missing a lot of personal information (i.e. holiday pictures, a diary, and some school homework). I understand that there may be some software available that will possible undelete the info on the hard drive, but I don't know where to start looking. Can anybody point me in the right direction or give me further advice.
Regards

Confab 12:34 03 Jul 03

You'll be lucky to get your data back from the hard drive especailly If you have re-installed your o/s and other programs to the drive. There are a lot of HD recovery progs available though, just do a search on GOOGLE and try some.

Be vey careful of installing the recovery progs on to the drive that you want to get the data from. You could easily overwrite the stuff you want to recover.

If the data is that important then it may be best left to the profesionals to look at your drive/data backup.

There is a lesson to be learned here - Always verify backed up data to make sure a) That is readable and b) You have backed up the data you intended to back up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…