undeletable trojan ?

magical 14:44 08 Sep 04

i use bit defender anti virus, when i run it it finds :trojan downloader small ic . in my documents ie6 tmp folder..i then click delete which it says it does then when i run it again the trojan downloader small ic is still there.is there a way to delete it i have tried antitrojan progs but they don't find it

igk 14:56 08 Sep 04

You don't say what o/s you are using if its winxp(home or pro) you should turn off "system restore" and then do a virus/spyware/trojan check as any nasties can remain in your restore points,after your check make sure that you enable "system restore" again,if you are not sure how to disable/enable "system restore" post again here.Hope this helps.

magical 15:33 08 Sep 04

i'am using XPPro

rawprawn 15:57 08 Sep 04

As igk says, turn system restore off, and try this free download it seems to work when nothing else does click here

magical 10:01 09 Sep 04

thanks for the link, i tried the app' but it could not delete it . but it is a usefull little tool which could be usfull in the future.

magical 10:02 09 Sep 04

thanks for the link, i tried the app' but it could not delete it . but it is a usefull little tool which could be usfull in the future.

magical 10:02 09 Sep 04

bertiecharlie 10:33 09 Sep 04

magical.

Information and manual removal instructions click here

You could try the PestPatrol scan click here to see if it picks it up.

(PestPatrol is known for the odd false positive, or two, particularly with adware/spyware but it's a good anti-trojan programme in its own right.)

You may already have tried these, TrojanHunter 4.0 click here A2 click here Ewido Security click here Tauscan click here

stalion 12:26 09 Sep 04

try this in safe mode
click here

magical 19:12 09 Sep 04

I would like to thank all who tried to help me with my problem. I have now resolved it thanks to you all,with a bit of of trial and error.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017