Undeletable Folder

jrtiu 21:44 15 Nov 05

Hi

I had my external hard drive attached to a friend's computer while they were installing the automatic updates in windows xp. When I got home I found that my hard drive had a 2 folders that I couldn't delete both called sp1 but in different directories. I can't remeber the original path that they were in because I changed their names in an attempt to delete the folder. I can't rename, delete, access, or move these folders. I have tried to delete them via command prompt, safe mode, by changing the name of the path, using deletefxpfiles, and by using command prompt while explorer.exe was ended.

GaT7 21:46 15 Nov 05

Try click here. G

csqwared 21:49 15 Nov 05

You may have tried this but if you right click on the files concerned and select "Properties" there are tick boxes at the bottom of the window which opens. If the file is ticked "read only" untick it and try again.

cc

Canis meus id co 22:09 15 Nov 05

Try downloading and installing Unlocker (click here)

jrtiu 13:37 16 Nov 05

I already tried unlocker but it doesn't work even if I choose the delete upon next reboot, same with unticking the read only box

Skyver 13:39 16 Nov 05

Do a disk scan with chkdsk, or chkdsk /r for a more thorough scan.

GaT7 17:19 16 Nov 05

jrtiu, did you try the tips in my link (see above)? G

T0SH 20:32 16 Nov 05

Google for a small app called KillBox it has yet to fail me

Cheers HC

Nellie2 20:46 16 Nov 05

Killbox won't delete a folder.. it just kills files. It is a very powerfull application so do be careful

woodchip 20:53 16 Nov 05

Just check to see if restore is working for the external disc. If it is turn it off. then retry what you did before

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…