Uncopyable Webpages?

dublincity 16:13 08 Apr 05

I've come across websites before where high quality photographs (for sale) can't be copied.

What's the technology?

I've just come across a site with a page of data that I need. My cursor arrow flashes in red & white, nothing happens when I right-click and nothing on the page can be highlighted. But I've printed out the page.

--------- haven't yet tried to e.mail it to myself

Does anybody know how the page might be copied?

Jak_1 16:20 08 Apr 05

Copyright protected and not clickable. Though try looking in internet temp files.

dublincity 16:30 08 Apr 05

Thanks. I went through the motions of e.mailing the page to myself. It was despatched but didn't arrive.

Next, I repeated the procedure but kept the unsent message. I have copied that successfully so - mission accomplished!

woodchip 16:40 08 Apr 05

CopyRight © You can press Print Screen then past into a photo edit program but the quality will not be very good

dublincity 17:27 08 Apr 05

D'you mean the Print Preview? I can't copy that.

woodchip 18:39 08 Apr 05

No the Print Screen key will copy the desktop, you can then paste it into a photo edit program to crop it etc

dublincity 18:52 08 Apr 05

Thanks - never heard of the Print Screen key. Where is it?

Mikè 19:00 08 Apr 05

To the right of F12

dublincity 19:15 08 Apr 05

Ah - I see the key. Cheers.

Save As? That usually works - I'll go back to the copyrighted site which is awkward and try it ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…