unblocking print heads advice sought

Newuser2 14:36 05 Feb 07

Has anyone got any solutions to unblocking clogged print heads.
The colours are trying to print, the black is OK.
The heads are not accessible so I thought about removing the carts and dripping a small amount of fluid to see if it will unblock the heads.

Belatucadrus 14:54 05 Feb 07

A couple of methods I've used successfully in the past.

1. Clean the print head and exposed circuit board with tissue and isopropyl alcohol.

2. In the case of recalcitrant cartridges, take the cartridge outside and gently tap it against a firm surface. This is really a last resort and can be messy if done too vigorously.

rawprawn 15:55 05 Feb 07

I have had success in the past by cleaning them with warm water

Ho-Lin-Sok 15:58 05 Feb 07

Is it an Epson?

Ho-Lin-Sok 16:02 05 Feb 07

If it is get a very cheap compatible colour cart and power clean with SSC utility.

click here

Arnie 16:22 05 Feb 07

Newuser2. You may find this free generic method useful.

click here

Chris the Ancient 16:37 05 Feb 07

As you may gather, a lot depends on the printer model!

Some printers will take a head cleaning cartridge that passes cleaning fluid through the nozzles, but then again, some don't.

I had a quick google search for 'printhead cleaner cart' and there were quite a few hits for different printers.

Chris the Ancient 18:27 05 Feb 07

ReRemembered cleaning carts from this place

click here

Newuser2 18:44 05 Feb 07

Thanks guys.
The printer is an Sharp MFD. I can't get to the print heads themselves, so I'll try a little warm water etc. as suggested above.

polish 19:26 05 Feb 07

i found the best solution for me to be a saucer of hot water not boiling place the print head in that for a few seconds then reinstall the cartridge and run the print head cleaner prog

benwil 19:48 05 Feb 07

i read elsewhere that soak print heads i 50/50 mix of warm water and bleach or ammonia works as well. well worked for me.

benwil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…