unasked for attachments

worrit 19:02 12 Aug 05

When I send an email an attachment appears which I haven't inserted. Sometimes I receive one which is not genuine. I have been sending mail to mhyself to test. When I open the attachments (after scanning) the contents are the same as the e mail message I have put in the mail. I know this is difficult to understand but hope someone might recognise this problem. I have been told by someone that it is not a virus but still don't like to send mail as I am sure the recipients will think I am sending them a virus. Be grateful for any help. Thanks

PC Bilbo 19:11 12 Aug 05

Which e-mail system and anti-virus are you using?

If AVG there will be an attachment with both incoming and outgoing e-mails which is the AVG
certification. It is possible to disable this in this case.

PC Bilbo 20:06 12 Aug 05

Worrit, tks reply you use O.E. & Norton A.V.

I have not come across this bizzare problem with OE
before. Possibly a corruption within the registry files.

If so, follow below link to Microsoft Knowledge base on repairing Outlook Express unless anyone else posts a better suggestion.

If you do, for safety sake suggest backing up your e-mails into M.S. Office Outlook if you have it or copy important stuff into Word in Documents.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…