Unallocated hard drive

MICKYBOY97 14:09 24 Nov 13

Hi All,

Would be grateful for any advice. Have reinstalled W7 on my Sony laptop. It has two 120 GB hard drives connected together. This is shown in the start up Bios OK. However after installing W7 it’s only using one disk with 111Gb showing in Disk Manager. It shows one hard drive as not Initiated and unallocated. Have tried all the normal ways to re-Initiated and unallocated, no luck. Scanned Google for advice and tried all the normal methods. In disk manager it shows the unallocated disk with a disk icon with a red arrow pointing down, saying Disk 0 unknown not initialized.
Up until the re-install of windows both my hard drives were OK so something has happened in the install.

Any advice, Regards, Mick

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 24 Nov 13

It has two 120 GB hard drives connected together. This is shown in the start up Bios OK.

Is it raid connected?

Do you have data on the second drive you wish to recover?

MICKYBOY97 16:20 24 Nov 13

Hi Fruit Bat, I don’t think they are raid connected. I have backed up the whole hard drive before installing windows. So I don’t mind what I have to do to get it back.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:32 24 Nov 13

In that case the easiest thing to do is right click it select nitialise and then format it.

You can then copy all your data back to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant