Unable to write DVDs using XP Pro?

Tosh13 23:23 06 Feb 05

I have tried at least a dozen times to write a DVD to disk. I can copy the info to hard drive and get half a disk written I then get an error report with a ruined blank DVD disk.
I've tried Nero, Clone DVD, IcopyDVDs2 and a couple of others all with the same result. Any ideas will be gratefully received/tried.

TomJerry 23:36 06 Feb 05

try both + and - disc

if still no go, then your writer is faulty

joethebow 00:08 07 Feb 05

DVD writers are sometimes very choosy about the blank media. Apart from the -R +R thing they can be very susseptable to brands. I've had great success with the Yellow DataWrite media. Take a look here:

click here

Tosh13 00:28 07 Feb 05

I've tried different media. Both were DVD-R. I'll have to try + if I can get it. I thought there may be a fault with my writer but a friend using XP Home and the same writer (Writemaster+-), bought at the same time, has no problems whatsoever?
Thank you both for the quick responses. I'll have to give the Yellow tops a try. If this fails it's back to the shop with the writer.

goonerbill © ® 08:14 07 Feb 05

just because your friends writer is working ok dont mean yours dont have a problem of sorts.

why not test you writer in your friends pc and if it runs ok you know there is a problem with your pc and not the writer

Tosh13 15:28 07 Feb 05

Well done goonerbill. Good shout. I'll give that a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…