Unable to work with ViewSonic E71B monitor

jayatissa 07:12 12 Jan 09

I connected ViewSonic E71B monitor to my P4 desck top having Display adopter Intel(R)82915G/GV/910GL Express chipset and installed the software driver ViewSonic E71-3 provided with the monitor. But the monitor does not work properly and it goes off when starting windows. During work alos it goes off suddenly. I have to switch on the monitor frequently. I'm using Windows Xp sp3. The monitor works with other computer with out any problem. The computer had a HP monitor which works well earlier and I had to change it. How can I get it resolved this problem and I'm looking for experts advices. The device Mgr click here screen shot is attached for reference.

DieSse 10:07 12 Jan 09

Make sure it's running at one of the recommended resolution/refresh rate combinations.

DieSse 10:09 12 Jan 09

Another possibility is that there is a problem with the graphics card, not the monitor.

What was the problem that made you change from the earlier monitor?

jayatissa 10:21 12 Jan 09

Earlier monitor worked well for more than two years. But suddenly it shows its adjustment Menu in the screen some time. It is a hardware defect and I want to send it for repairs. Please advice me also on how can I find the compatible resolution/refresh rate. At the moment mine is set to 60 hertz and 1024 by 768 pixels. I changed it and tried but it did not help. I do have another machine and a monitor of same type and brands and they work with out any difficulty. Thank you.

jayatissa 10:32 12 Jan 09

Earlier monitor was HP 7540 and it work with this display adopter and Default Monitor driver settings. Since this new monitor started this problem in that atmosphere I installed the driver settings for the Monitor using the CD given with this monitor. But problem continues. Disabling the display adopter solved the sudden switching off but it gives large ICONS desktop. It does not seem to be proper.

DieSse 11:16 12 Jan 09

Monitor specs for settings.

click here

If it runs OK in standard VGA mode, as you say - then it sounds more like a graphics problem than a monitor problem.

Try going to this Intel site to find and install the latest drivers for your graphics chip.

click here

jayatissa 11:50 12 Jan 09

Dear DieSse, I installed the latest drivesr as you said. But it did not solve the problem. Seems more vulnerable now.

DieSse 17:30 12 Jan 09

What settings are you actually using for Resolution and Refresh Rate please?

jayatissa 03:58 13 Jan 09

Resolution is set to 1024 by 768 and Screen refresh rate to 60 Hertz.

carver 08:38 13 Jan 09

Go back to an earlier driver that worked then run these,click here
and click here.

Run these and they will show up any defects in your graphic card.

Open them both at the same time and have the first one I linked to maximise to nearly 3/4 of your screen.

The ATItool is very sensitive and if you get any yellow pixels on the fur cube it could be your graphic card is faulty.

Hope it helps, at least if nothing else you will find out if your card is alright.

jayatissa 09:12 13 Jan 09

Dear Carver and DieSse,
Thank you for your suggestions. The grafic card (on board) works with the HP monitor. --I have selected Plug and Play monitor by disabling ViewSonic driver and also disable the VGA driver. Now the monitor is working and the disturbance is resolved. I wonder whether this is ok. Does it make any bad impact when working with softwares like Photoshop, Illustrator and AutoCAD. It seems to me that the ViewSonic minitors (E71B) do not go with Intel(R)82915G/GV/910GL Express chipset. Let me know if you have a better solution than this. For the moment disableing the VGA driver the problem is semms to be solved. Thank you all for your valuable contributions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…