Unable to watch video streams!

ivesy 17:48 24 Sep 04

Hi I'm busy looking at my parents PC wondering why when you click on a link to view a video say on the BBC you get a small red circle with a line though it! it's happened before whenthey got the PC in march but I can't remember what I did to put it right, it's also happening with some links I'm downloading RealPlayer I was asked to choose a town nearest me so I chose London to download the program from but I got the mysterious red circle when I selected New York it worked fine! any ideas?

Mikè 18:23 24 Sep 04

I think the BBC restrict the viewing of streaming video to uk residents only (using IP addresses) I believe that isp's have to register in some way.

Diodorus Siculus 19:56 24 Sep 04

Mikè - I am not sure of that; I have viewed BBC content in Belgium, Ireland, France and the US in the last few months with no problems.

Mikè 20:28 24 Sep 04

click here Seems you can only get the higher bit rate streams, under the terms mentioned above.

Diodorus Siculus 20:41 24 Sep 04

Mikè - fair enough; I've not been looking at that - simply the radio player (using Real Alternative) so that I could keep up with news.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…