unable to watch dvd

jambo4eva 00:34 06 Nov 06

i am unable to watch any dvd i cant watch it through nero or windvd that keeps saying change color and nero says active x etc is missing ive done the test and its fine

Totally-braindead 00:39 06 Nov 06

click here is this the same PC if so the problems probably related as both are involving the DVD recorder.

In the first instance assumming you are on XP try system restore to a time it was woking, if that fails then delete and reinstall WinDVD and see what that does, reinstalling should do it as it'll set all the controls back to what they were initially.

I'm not sure if Nero actually plays dvds as I always use PowerDVD which is similar to your WinDVD.

p;3 00:39 06 Nov 06

duplicated thread ;see here
click here

suggest tick this one and leave the original one running

Totally-braindead 00:39 06 Nov 06

Sorry woking=working

jambo4eva 00:46 06 Nov 06

ok thanks i,ll try it. i was given a display laptop and had to re install windows but cannot get rid of some of the shops stuff off it maybe they took off windvd?

Totally-braindead 00:49 06 Nov 06

Perhaps they did. But if they did and its left an icon to it on the desktop and you click on it then it will say something like program not found. I would see if you have the WinDVD disk before deleting it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…