unable to view webcams on messenger

Andy.F. 15:33 05 Sep 06

hello good folks...sorry for what may be a silly and trivial question.....the young un finally taled me into letting her use windows live messenger....( I normally use the AOL one )...she was talking to a school friend last night and I installed the webcam for her....the camera is working fine and her image shows on the bottom half of messenger but her friends isn't showing...and seemingly her image isn't showing on her friends messenger....the question is. do I need to install any further software to allow messenger to show webcams...I remeber the first time I used a webcam on AOL I had to download and install some extra software....anyway...thankyou for your time..Andy.

Greengage 15:44 05 Sep 06

I had to install the manufacturer's installation CD with my Logitech STX.

Andy.F. 15:48 05 Sep 06

thankyou Greengage...I installed the camera with its own installation disc.....maybe better get a better quality camera.

terryf 17:05 05 Sep 06

Just a thought, have both you and your daughters friend got the same version of messenger? Go to Help>about. When msoft'upgraded' messenger (to V8) recently I and my relations in Canada had problems until we mutually agreed to revert to v7.5

Andy.F. 17:11 05 Sep 06

thankyou terryf...will certainly check out that when they get on again...tonight probably.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017