unable to view pics in outlook

kspatto 19:25 05 Oct 08

Hi
up to a few days ago I could view pictures received in outlook now they have a red x in the picture place you can highlight this empty box and copy it but not paste it as anything the pictures are still there as attachments but it is as if the hyperlinks have all been removed so they wont display in the body of the message
I have outlook 2003 service pack 3

cheers

ken

lofty29 19:29 05 Oct 08

Sure its not your antivirus blocking them, have you just installed sp3

kspatto 22:31 05 Oct 08

Hi
I have tried all of the obvious routes disabled my firewall and antivirus also tried removing a file from the registry all to no effect I installed SP3 a while ago with no ill effects could possibly be a microsoft conflict as I did an update a short time ago
cheers
ken

Woolwell 23:26 05 Oct 08

Picture attachments eg jpg's are not displayed in the body of the text in Outlook as a security measure. If you mean that you cannot see pictures in the body of an html message then normally you have to click to download pictures at the top of the message.
You can try going to Tools - Options - Security Tab - and under download pictures change the settings there.

kspatto 13:43 06 Oct 08

Hi
yes I have tried Tools - Options - Security Tab and right clicking the picture place holder but no -show picture- option is listed it is like the links to the pics are gone I can still view the pics because they are there as attachments I have also tried editing the registry
1.Locate the Outlook Temporary Items folder by opening the Registry and locating HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security\OutlookSecureTempFolder
2.Navigate to the value of this Key. It should be something like: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK3D\ where OLK3D is some randomly generated string that always starts with OLK
3.Quit Outlook
4.Delete the contents of the folder
5.Launch Outlook
this doesnt work in this case either
am looking at a repair to outlook itself will post a response if this is successful

cheers
ken

kspatto 21:48 06 Oct 08

Hi
tried a detect and repair on outlook with no effect got me stumped will just have to put up with it until I reformat my machine
cheers
ken

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…