Unable to view individual downloaded photos

capnsofa 21:54 23 Sep 07

I have a Sony digital camera and regularly download photos to my PC (System XP)where they get stored in My Pictures.
I can then view them as a Slideshow, but if I try to view them individually, I get Microsoft Word in the header and rows of gobbledygook (letters & numbers) on the screen.
Am I missing something when I download?

FreeCell 22:11 23 Sep 07

Sounds like you have got the wrong program association with your picture files. Presuming that they are jpeg then MS Word is not what you want.

To check it is an association problem find one of your picture files in My Pictures. Right-click the mouse and select "Open with" then choose the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer". If file opens as expected then its the association.

To fix this double click on My Documents. Select Tools from the nenu bar then "Folder Options". Click on the "File Types" tab.
Type J and in the top box scroll down to find the file types JPE, JPEG and JPG. Click on the file type and check in the details box under if any say Opens with MS Word. Select Change and then scroll to find the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer or an other photo program you want. Click Apply.

Now any JPEG file you double click on should open with the new program.

brundle 22:20 23 Sep 07

Use this to reset the image associations; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…