Unable to view data saved on CD-R n CD-RW in W98

Ben Chuud 02:30 03 May 03

I had a CD-R and a CD-RW disc, I saved some data on these 2 disk when the operating system on my PC was W98SE. I could access/view the data no problems. Recently I upgraded the operating system to W2K. Now when I insert the CD's in the PC, I get error if I want to format the CD's. I am unable to access or view the data on these 2 CD's.

What have I done wrong. Pls help

powerless 02:35 03 May 03

You may need this click here

Ben Chuud 02:57 03 May 03

Powerless,

Have downloaded the file, will give it a ago and revert.. Thanks

Ben Chuud 20:37 03 May 03

Powerless,

I donwnloaded the program on a floppy disk, took it home and loaded it on my PC. My PC can now read the CD-RW disk, however after rebooting, it has stopped recognising my floppy drive/disk. The floppy disk that had the downloaded program is not not being read. I get the response do you want to format the floppy. It appears I have fixed the problem with the CDRW drive and have a new problem now with my floppy drive. Please advise how do our resolve this problem with the flopy drive where I have a disk with a program that I downloaded to fix the CD-RW problem is now being asked if I want it formatted..No, I don't, I just want to access it as I have other data on it.

powerless 08:03 04 May 03

Go to > start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Now find your floppy drive in the list and remove it.

Now reboot the machine and windows will find it and hopefully that will sort it.

Ben Chuud 00:30 05 May 03

Powerless,

OK will do as you suggested and will revert how I get on... Thanks for your help so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…