Unable to use internet Explorer when loggin in

Audio~~Chip 18:13 10 May 09

.. to websites that require my usernames or passwords.

Odd one, when going on internet explorer v7 using XP Home SP3, if I go to say hotmail and try to log-in internet explorer shuts down straight away, same happens with all other websites which require a username or password for login's. But browsing is fine.

Have virus scanned, CCleaner and reset Ie7 still problem persists. Even though I am unable to get into my password & username websites I can log onto messenger and open outlook express fine.

help please.

birdface 18:49 10 May 09

In C Cleaner move all of your good cookies to the box on the right hand side.The rest will be removed when you run C Cleaner

birdface 18:52 10 May 09

Maybe better using Firefox until you get it fixed.

click here

birdface 19:06 10 May 09

[am unable to get into my password & username websites]Have you forgot your passwords or what.Maybe try with your firewall turned off.Or your add-ons turned off.Or tools.internet options.Content .Auto complete.And make sure all 4 boxes are ticked.No use scanning with a/virus if you have spyware on board.Try Malwarebytes Free or trial version.Update it then run it.

woodchip 19:21 10 May 09

Try turning Windows Firewall off

Audio~~Chip 20:29 10 May 09

when reseting and restoring Ie7 this cleans and dissables all addon's, cleaned out all addons. Just thought could it be a java corruption issue?

Audio~~Chip 01:35 11 May 09

at first thought it was the Conflicker infection but after cleaning and spyware checking and virus scanning I re-installed Internet Explorer and it fixed it.

Thanks buteman, & woodchip on the Hill

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…