Unable to use IE with AOL 9.0

johno 20:26 16 Jun 04

I use AOL 9 & for some reason I am unable to use IE with AOL at all. All i get is "The page cannot be displayed" message constantly. I have contacted AOL & run through all of their suggestions, updated IE to the latest versions, updated Win XP, rest IE to the default settings & uninstalled & reinstalled IE. Still unable to view websites via IE. Has anyone got any suggestions.

Thanks John

Andrew P 20:54 16 Jun 04

Try checking the parental controls and make sure that they are set at General (18+) for the screen name concerned to allow external browsers access to the internet through AOL.

Andrew P :o)

johno 21:08 16 Jun 04

The parental controls are set to general 18+ with access to everything. It should in theory allow me anywhere!
Any other thoughts?

Djohn 21:12 16 Jun 04

Click on file and make sure that work off line is un-ticked.

johno 21:30 16 Jun 04

Off line is unticked. Still nothing

Djohn 01:51 17 Jun 04

click here wait for the page to redirect you to the Microsoft site. also this one for updates to Explorer. click here I've had a look at a couple of sites and it appears to be a problem that M/S are aware of and both the above links will provide a download fix from Microsoft. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…