unable to use IE

superbowl 16:05 09 May 09

my sisters pc has recently gone wierd?if she opens IE IT WILL GO TO GOOGLE HOME PAGE BUT IF YOU TYPE A SEARCH IN AND PRESS ENTER IT WILL PUT ERROR REPORT UP AND CLOSE DOWN.BUT ON HER FAVOURITES SHE HAS FACEBOOK WHICH IF SHE CLICKS ON IT WILL OPEN.WINDOWS UPDATE PAGES OPEN SO I DOWNLOADED IE8 TO SEE IT THAT WOULD CURE IT BUT NO .ON GOOGLE OR IF I TYPE IN THE ADDRESS BAR ERROR REPORT COMES UP???

superbowl 16:09 09 May 09

OH ALSO IF I SYSTEM RESTORE FROM ANY POINT AFTER REBOOT SCREEN SAYS UNABLE TO RESTORE TO THIS POINT?

rawprawn 16:24 09 May 09

First download and run Malwarebytes click here
If that doesn't solve the problem, I suggest a system file scan. Which OS is your sister using?

superbowl 16:27 09 May 09

she is using xp home.how can she download anything if cant get on site?

birdface 16:48 09 May 09

try system restore in safe mode.[Just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.]

superbowl 16:51 09 May 09

ok ill give it a go

birdface 16:51 09 May 09

If windows messenger works go in there and open MSN home page and see if you can download anything from there.Firefox could be a good idea.

superbowl 16:52 09 May 09

tried that said msn encounted aproblem and needs to close

rawprawn 17:15 09 May 09

Sorry, go to Start> Run and type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. You will need your XP Disc.
Before that Start in safe mode and scan with any anti malware program you have loaded

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…