unable to use computer someone using my IP

robihun 13:42 PM 31 Aug 12

Hi,been given computer to fix by a friend,was just going to re-install windows, but he wanted to save his emails,when trying to access his hotmail(on my comp) his account had been hijacked,unable to get in at all,how can i resolve this? if at all? any and all help gratefully recieved and welcomed.Thanks bob.

KRONOS the First 13:49 PM 31 Aug 12

Your thread title is a bit misleading.

But your friend will need to have a look here to sort out his account.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:56 PM 31 Aug 12

What version of windows?

What e-mail program? OE, Outlook, Live mail?

What is the problem may be quicker to fix than reinstall windows / drivers /uptaes and all installed programs?

KRONOS the First 17:16 PM 31 Aug 12

What e-mail program?

Hotmail.

lotvic 20:18 PM 31 Aug 12

Does he have Hotmail email address collected by an email program on pc? (emails are downloaded to pc and a copy kept on Webmail server - as mine are using Outlook Express)

Or

Hotmail Webmail accessed through browser? (emails are all on Hotmail server)

What happens when you try to log on via browser to the webmail server? Does it just say 'Wrong password'?

Has he set up a completely different email address to have his reset password instructions sent to for when he clicks on 'Forgot Password'

I also wonder if it is a problem caused by Hotmail changing to Outlook.com

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay