unable to use an adsl router with aol broadband

eji 01:02 15 Feb 06

i need help on the possibility of using my DG834G netgear router with my aol broadband. Have been told that because i have an ntl phone cable i won't be able to use it. But what i don't understand is that i have got a broadband not dial- up. pls help.

goonerbill © ® 11:55 15 Feb 06

as you have NTL, the broadband is supplied via cable not a BT phone line. the router you have is not compatable with cable, so will not work. have a look at the link, it has some cable routers listed and read the article at the top of the page and it will explain what you need to get things up and running click here

the modem supplied by NTL must have a ethernet connection not USB or you will need to get a new cable modem as well.

if i'm wrong someone will correct me

vinnyT 11:59 15 Feb 06

The router you have mentioned above is for adsl lines, whereas you have cable, which requires a cable router such as the D-Link DI-804HV Cable/DSL Router + IPSec+VPN+4 Port 10/100 Switch available for £60.15 from click here

Or just put cable modem into your fav search engine for more examples.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…