unable use add/remove to uninstal demo

Cesare 16:40 29 Aug 06

I have 'Call of Duty Demo' and now also 'Microsoft Flight SimulatorX demo' which are apparently with errors and add/Remove cannot uninstall them. Strange that the later,FSX is shown in add/remove as 19.40MB while the whole demo was 636MB.
Is there some free software that can clear these faulty demos please ? I tried cCleaner but that also could not do it. Going to the registry gives me the creeps, so that's off.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:14 29 Aug 06

Have they not got there own uninstallers on the start menu?

You could delete the relevant folders then use REgscrubXP click here to clean the registry

User-312386 17:16 29 Aug 06

re-install the demo's, then pop the disc or double the .exe and there should be a remove option in the installer

Cesare 17:26 29 Aug 06

Both demos were download so I have no disk. I tried to use their own uninstaller, but the result is same as when I use add/remove. They stop half way and the window goes off. I deleted the main downloaded files and cleaned up with Registry Mechanic. Both demos still show in add/remove and on my All Programs list.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:31 29 Aug 06

Delete from start menu all programs and
Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall, and remove any unwanted keys under "Uninstall."

Note: This setting can also be changed with TweakUI.

Cesare 17:39 29 Aug 06

OK will try it

Cesare 17:42 29 Aug 06

How is it done with TweakUI please ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:00 29 Aug 06

How is it done with TweakUI please ?

click here

If that doesn't work then Windows Installer Cleanup Utility click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac