Unable to update Norton

MIKE 17:59 29 Mar 04

Oh dear another problem. Has anybody had any troubles downloading the latest virus updates from Norton I keep getting the following error message
Installing Norton AntiVirus Virus Definitions (1 of 1), failed.
LU6004: LiveUpdate did not complete successfully.
Due to a transmission error, one or more LiveUpdate components failed internal authentication. Please run LiveUpdate again. If the error persists, contact your network administrator or LiveUpdate provider.
Any ideas folks

crx1600 18:09 29 Mar 04

click here Symnatec Support

GaT7 18:09 29 Mar 04

Had the same problem only a few minutes ago. Failed 3-4 times but finally got it right. Just manually run LiveUpdate a few more times & see how things go. If still no joy post back.

MIKE 18:15 29 Mar 04

Thanks crx1600 & Crossbow7
Tried downloading again it deceided to work this time. thanks again

stalion 22:11 29 Mar 04

I have norton set on auto update,updates virtually every day no hassle

GaT7 22:19 29 Mar 04

Yes you're right, but, what was unusual this time was that Auto update itself was causing the problem initially. Then experienced the same problem while using Manual update to download the definitions, until I finally got it right. This is the first time since I've had NIS (a year) that Auto update has misbehaved on me - hope it's a one off & doesn't keep happening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…