Unable to update ESET NOD32

Indigo 1 14:51 27 Oct 05

I have not been able to update my copy of ESET NOD32 since 19/10, it was set to update automatically and worked fine untill recently and now I can't even update it manually.

I have contacted them but no response yet, any ideas ?

I have not changed any settings which would cause this (as far as I know) all is still set for auto update.

XP Pro SP2.

trisonic 16:09 27 Oct 05

Have you purchased it or is it a trial ?
If you purchased it and have just renewed your subscription you will have been sent a new password and username. You have to enter these into the programmes parameters.

Start the programme and click on Update, enter your new password and username into the boxes.

You will find that Auto update will work again.

Trisonic

Indigo 1 18:34 27 Oct 05

I purchased it a few months ago and it was working fine up untill this week when I noticed the problem.

trisonic 19:41 27 Oct 05

When you look at the Update tab, does is say Automatic Update is Scheduled ? Also, the type of update should read Automatic.

Have been running NOD32 for 2 years now without problem except for entering the new details when I first renewed it ie Password and User.

If you have done this, can only suggest that there may be a problem with the software. Download and save the latest version, disconnect from the Internet, delete the old one using Windows add/remove and then reinstall the new one then try and update that.

If that fails give them a phone call.

Regards

Trisonic

Indigo 1 16:14 28 Oct 05

Automatic Update is scheduled, I have even tried to create a new update schedule but still no luck.

The next thing to try is to re-download and install it, will give it a go later.

Indigo 1 16:26 29 Oct 05

I re-downloaded a fresh copy, disconnected fom the net, uninstalled and re-booted (being careful not to allow the PC to go online automatically), then re-installed the freshly downloaded version and went online and it updated fine.

Thanks Trisonic, I probably could have managed myself but it is always nice to have a second opinion.

Still not heard from Eset though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…