Unable to update AVG

Following a five day interruption to my broadband (thanks BT!) I could not update my free AVG. I get the message 'An automatic connection to the Internet could not be established'.

I've reinstalled, still the same message. Any previous on this, please?

Proxy Worm 19:42 26 Mar 04
  the old man 19:44 26 Mar 04

I know how you feel I can't even download the software even before trying the updates. something is not right but can't find out why. been getting help but to no avail.

canard 19:45 26 Mar 04

There's a magic formula but for the uncertain just keep trying Morning seems best time.

Blimey Charlie!

Proxy Worm 19:51 26 Mar 04

Is that a thanks or another comment lol?

MidgetMan 19:51 26 Mar 04

been like this for ages, since they were bought out I believe, perhaps they are going to stop the free updates?????

Quiller. 19:51 26 Mar 04

Same problems here [email protected]@m for the last 3-4 days.

I will try canard's suggestion and try early in the mornings.

Proxy Worm 19:53 26 Mar 04

Mnay pople on this forum have used the link i gave at 19.42 this provides updates first time evrytime.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:54 26 Mar 04

Try the above suggeation from ProxyWorm and use the default server setting of www. grisoft.com and there will be no problem updating.

G

Smiler 19:56 26 Mar 04

Since starting to use the method given by Proxy Worm's link I've downloaded all updates in seconds (theclick here connection seems to work the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…