Unable to unload photos to computer

spuds 17:16 PM 18 Mar 12
Answered

I have a PNY 6in1 card reader installed on a computer with XP. The computer states that everything is running correct on the tests conducted with the device, but I cannot download any photographs to the computer.

In the past, I seemed to recall that XP had a program that photographs were able to download to. It could well be, that this program is no longer there?.

Would also mention that trying to download from a Praktica DPix 5200 digital camera direct to the computer doesn't work as well. The installation disk is installed, and appears in the XP programs ?.

Any help would be appreciated.

Woolwell 17:52 PM 18 Mar 12

With a card in the reader can you open by browsing to it through My Computer? Does the reader show up in My Computer?

spuds 18:36 PM 18 Mar 12
Answer

Woolwell

Just checked, and various slots for the card reader does show in My Computer. I was able to do a photo print-out, so alls fine there.

Sent an email to Praktica, because last time I had a similar problem of direct download from camera, they talked me through a procedure that doesn't show in the instruction manual.

Thanks for the help, very much appreciated. Will now tick as resolved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites