Unable to uninstall programe.

loaders 16:51 17 Apr 06

When I tried to uninstall a programe it started to go through the initial uninstall procedure then stopped and came up with the message"ERROR 1316A network error occurred while attempting to read from file C:/windows etc.etc.Is anyone able to tell me how I overcome this problem?

Jackcoms 17:00 17 Apr 06

It's always wise to come off-line and disable you AV before installing or un-installing a program.

loaders 18:50 18 Apr 06

Jackcoms,Thanks for the suggestion,I see where your coming from with regards not being on line but I don't think the error message "network"refers to a network as such?
Anyway I tried to uninstall when I was offline and had disabled my AV. and still get the same message.I am not sure where to go from here.I'm hoing for more thoughts on this one.

bluto1 19:05 18 Apr 06

I had a similar problem for a while and found the answer on the CD which accompanied Issue 129 of PC Advisor mag. Under Trial Software is
Advanced Uninstaller 6.0 although when I installed it I got version 7.5. If youve not got the disc try click here and look for the programme. Best of luck.

loaders 17:07 19 Apr 06

bluto 1,
Many thanks for the suggestion,it does appear that its for windows 2000 & XP. I'm on ME,also the way I read it the program monitors any program you install and is able to find all the files when you want to uninstall,something like Ashampoo uninstall which I have.Unfortuneatly the program I wish to uninstall has been on my PC long before I had Ashampoo.Many thanks again for your help.

Eric half-a-bee 18:01 19 Apr 06

If you have the installtion program try running the setup.exe again. Some programs wil eieter allow you to make a fresh and clean insatllation over the top of existing files which can thenm be removed, or it may give you an uninstall option that will work.

loaders 11:41 20 Apr 06

Eric half-a-bee,
I did not have the installation programe but funnily enough a friend came up with the CD yesterday which I installed over my program and sure enough i was able to uninstall ok.Although it does not answer what the problem was it shows that the simple things are sometimes the answer.
Many thanks to all for your interest and help.

Eric half-a-bee 13:19 20 Apr 06

I think things like this happen because a file associated with the install/uninstall process has beome corrupted or has been dleted/written over by a program installed afterwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…