Unable to uninstall printer driver

yapstan 20:54 28 Mar 04

When i tried to uninstall my Lexmark printer from my system, using add/remove, i get a message "unable to remove driver for this printer still on your system" and it is still listed in add/remove.Would be grateful for some help

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:57 28 Mar 04

Try disconnecting printer from pc closing any apps in the system tray that are related to the printer and then try to uninstall the printer,if that fails try the same but in safe mode.

Regards.

woodchip 21:03 28 Mar 04

Go to start\Settings\Printers right click your printer and delete, then start\find\files or folders and type Lexmark then delete all the Lexmark it finds next.

Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Lexmark and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Lexmark then reboot your computer

polish 21:06 28 Mar 04

you could also try reinstalling the original software then uninstall there might be missing files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…