Unable to uninstall pop up stopper & sureclean

rins36 21:19 12 Aug 03

I have gone into add/remove progs & on clicking on remove after highlighting the program/s

The following message is received:- could not open Install.Log file

Thanks in advance for any help on this

mark500 22:48 12 Aug 03

Look for the log file in the programs install directory.

rins36 00:37 13 Aug 03

There is nothing in the registry that relates to either of the progs, so cant understand why i cant delete from add/remove progs

rins36 22:13 13 Aug 03

i will click this post as resolved & leave the darn thing where it is eventhough its taking up space & annoying when i log in it is of no use to me

rins36 22:58 17 Aug 03

up or respond with reply if u can!

mark500 08:58 18 Aug 03

Some progs don't leave an entry in add/remove programs. I assume that you have used the search function in regedit to look for them. If not open regedit click on edit and search with the name of the progs. Press F3 after each find to get more. If the prog starts with windows go to Start-Run-Type MSCONFIG and go to the startup tab. See if the prog is there and untick it if it is. Restart and this will disable it in most cases.

rins36 22:46 21 Aug 03

Been in regedit & there is nothing there that relates to either of the progs, however in Add/Remove progs they are listed but on trying to delete them I still get the message

'could not open Install.Log file'

I will give the misconfig a try & see wht happens

Thanks for the posting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…