unable to uninstall PC-cillin

Kaacee 14:15 13 Jan 04

Due to Trend's inability to respond to problems i have been experiencing with PC-cillin 7.5, I have decided to install something a bit more customer friendly,however, before i can do that i need to remove Trend from my PC, and thats where the problem starts.

Upon going into settings and Add/Remove progs i get the Uninstall Shield logo up but that is followed by a error message which reads..."unable to locate the installation log file 'C:\Program Files\Trend PC-cillin 7.5\uninst.isu'"

I am operating windows 98SE

Can anyone suggest a way to remove this programme please, preferably without having to go into registry's etc. etc.

Many thanks for any help received

jimv7 14:29 13 Jan 04

Restart the computer and keep hitting f8, choose safe mode from the menu and uninstall it from there.

Download free AVG from click here, updates are also free.

Kaacee 14:44 13 Jan 04

Tried as you suggested,but got exactly the same message..."unable to locate etc etc"

Thanks anyway for your prompt response.

By the way, I was going to go with AVG.....

jimv7 14:48 13 Jan 04

Then reinstall trend, restart the computer and remove it.

Al the least it will replace all its damaged files in the same location and should uninstall ok.

Kaacee 14:52 13 Jan 04

ok will try that....will get back to you with results....

thanks again

dave-jens 19:37 13 Jan 04

I had the same prob, it would not let me re-install either. I just installed AVG and ran that.
I never did fix it cos I bought a new HD!!!
Can you not download tools to get rid of such files?
Download.com?

VoG II 19:42 13 Jan 04

Some ideas click here

Kaacee 22:07 13 Jan 04

As dave-jens said, it would not let me reinstall, it is saying copy already exists, again like dave-jens i have installed AVG and upto now everything appears to be working ok.

Vog thanks for your help, i feel inclined to let sleeping dogs lie at the moment rather than follow Trend's advice to go into the registry's,it's not something i feel confident with.

Thank you all for your help,it is much appreciated, and for now i will show as resolved.

Thanks again

boon_intheuk 14:59 17 Mar 05

Hi guys, some time ago I uninstalled PC-cillin 2003 which included a firewall because it had come to the end of licence, I installed AVG without problems, but just lately I tried to install "Zonealarm" but my PC informed me that I already had a firewall installedon my PC, the PC-cillin one was the only one I have ever had installed.
There must still be some evidence of that firewall somewhere on my PC.
Does anyone have any ideas on getting rid of it so that I can install one that works?
Thanks, Boon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…