Unable to uninstall a folder

Jonah(without the whale) 20:58 06 Apr 05

M'soft Frontpage is on my machine, listed in Programs (running XP Home).
It is not listed in the add/remove section, and Ashampoo will not delete it, and I cannot manually dlete it - mesage Access Denied disk may be full or write protected or file in use.
So far as I know, none of these are true - any ideas please?

minefield 21:01 06 Apr 05

Is it on the add/remove under microsoft office with frontpage ?

Terry Brown 21:03 06 Apr 05

Front page is a system folder, created as part of the Office system and is not deleteable by normal delete. Have you tried putting the Office CD back in the drive and using the modify option to remove from your machine.

Jonah(without the whale) 21:09 06 Apr 05

Minefield - It's not on the add/remove at all, and now neither is office becuase I removed office. It wasn't there seperately when office was either.

Terry - thanks for the info - Now that office is not installed, when I put in the CD, I don't get the option to modify. However, when I did have office in, I did modify and it the folder was untouched.

As I said elswehere, I can't install Word succesfully and I'm thinking, maybe wrongly, that this has something to do with this folder being in place. Meantime, by the way, I've found I can run Word from the CD. Annoying or what!

VoG II 21:13 06 Apr 05

Use click here to remove all memory of Office.

Then reinstall Office, then remove via Add or Remove Programs.

Jonah(without the whale) 17:51 09 Apr 05

Thnaks for the info.

before you responded I decided to install Office 97 to see if that worked OK, and it dos. I have installed all the items I want, and all seems ok.

However, I've looked at the link you suggested and it's a must. I'll go for it,

meantime, thanks for your help. I'll now close this incident.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…