//some 3rd party need geo

Unable to uninstall AVG FREE...

Noelg23 12:05 10 Nov 04

I tried to uninstall AVG yesterday and it wouldnt let me...I kept getting a message about a file called windows.nt or something like that...no matter which way I take to uninstall it, it keeps saying the same thing. so I am just wondering has anyone else had this problem and know of a way to get round it so I can uninstal it and reinstall...

BigMoFoT 12:20 10 Nov 04

This seems to be appearing a lot at the moment..I think it may be spyware or virus related but it is a real headache to resolve...
If the following doesn't work then you are probably looking at a reinstalling windows...
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:

PLEASE NOTE : THERE IS A SPACE BETWEEN THE TWO SECTIONS THIS IS CRITICAL

expand c:\windows\i386\config.nt_ (space here)c:\windows\system32\config.nt

expand c:\windows\i386\autoexec.nt_ (space here)c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt

expand c:\windows\i386\command.co_ (space here)c:\windows\system32\command.com

exit

Sethhaniel 12:51 10 Nov 04

click here

and was solved - maybe something there

i.e copy Autoexec.nt from repair folder to System32 folder

or Start-Run SFC /Scannow with windows cd in drive

;) but should get around it without a windows reinstall :)

VoG II 12:52 10 Nov 04
  Noelg23 14:03 10 Nov 04

well I will say this now...I am not going to reinstall Windows again...I will try these links first...if it fails I will just leave as is...there's no major problem...i just want to uninstal it cos the auto update aint working properly...but we'll see...thanks guys...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…