unable to uninstal software windows xp

daz999 15:17 09 Mar 05

Hello I need a little help I am trying to uninstall call of duty and call of duty united offensive from My pc I access the control panel and click on add or remove select the software that I want delete click on that and it starts to work then suddenly stops can anybody help me .

Satmansq 16:25 09 Mar 05

Rather than using add/remove software does call of duty not have its own uninstall option that you could use.

rawprawn 16:38 09 Mar 05

Try deleting it in safe mode (tap F8 on rebooting)

rawprawn 16:44 09 Mar 05

Having had a quick look round, I think I would try reinstalling it first then try uninstalling again. As Satmansq says if it has it's own uninstall use that.

daz999 22:56 09 Mar 05

Thank You for all Your advice I will try again in the morning.
When You say tap f8 on reboot does this mean before the windows xp screen appears.

rawprawn 07:39 10 Mar 05

Yes as soon as you have switched on there is a black screen which usually says something like Press F2 for Set up and F12 for Boot menu in the top righr hand corner. Just keep tapping F8 as soon as you have switched on, don't worry about all the loading information it gives while loading and it can take a while. Also it will look strange, don't woory it's OK just use it as normal although your prorams will be laid out differently.
I still think you should try reinstalling and then unistalling first.

daz999 21:31 10 Mar 05

Thank You all for the help I did reinstall it and unistalling and it has worked thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…