Unable too open a URL

algey 09 Nov 11

Occasionally when trying too open a URL I am prevented by a yellow 'star' like image with a red explanation mark inside it. Could anyone tell me what this is and how I can open the URL.

Thank You

Graphicool1 10 Nov 11

Hi algey

Give us an example of one of these URL's you cannot open.

lotvic 10 Nov 11

Probably Google toolbar blocking popups http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/395018.html

algey 10 Nov 11

Hi Graphicool1

Cannot give you an example at the moment( it was a sports topic-Golf)as it only happens a very small pecentage of the time and it doesn't happen only on sport topics. Thanks for the reply.

lotvic, thanks for the heads up on the Google toolbar/answers/thread will try it when prevented the next time

algey 10 Nov 11

P.S. will post a URL if disabling the 'Pop up blocker' doesn't work.

Terry Brown 12 Nov 11

I think your anti-virus or ISP is telling you that the site is not safe and may contain a virus or Malware and is unsafe to open.

Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message