Unable to Tick a Thread as Resolved

wee eddie 20:27 PM 14 Jan 13

The only Thread with such a Title has been locked.

The Search box is verging on useless as you cannot filter by date and most of the Threads picked up are over 5 years old.

Also cannot Contact FE.

wee eddie 20:38 PM 14 Jan 13

I have Loaded the latest version of Java 64bit and it is enabled.

When I hit the Contact FE Button I get a Translucent Black Screen with a White Rectangle in it. The White Rectangle appears to contain a "Loading" logo, but it never, well in over 5 minutes waiting, completes loading.

wee eddie 20:41 PM 14 Jan 13

Lazarus: last time I tried that it was bounced

wee eddie 20:42 PM 14 Jan 13

I'm using IE9 64bit

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:03 PM 14 Jan 13

Ad blockers / script blockers will stop the green tick

and you shouldn't add you own problem to someone else's thread as they will be the ones to be notified of answers.

Yes look for an answer in another thread with similar title but start your own thread if you cannot find an answer that works for you.

SillBill 21:07 PM 14 Jan 13

I do believe that wee eddie has started his own thread.

john bunyan 21:07 PM 14 Jan 13

wee eddie

I have exactly the same problem. I use ad blockers which I want to keep as many have complained about obtrusive ads here. I also use DNT+, which blocks 9 or more tracking sites. If the system,, in consequence, stops my green tick, so be it.

SillBill 21:14 PM 14 Jan 13

Most sites HATE adblockers and prevent users from using some features it is all to do with MONEY!

muddypaws 22:22 PM 14 Jan 13

Switch off AB+ ( if you have it) while you green tick then re-enable it. Works for me.

lotvic 22:50 PM 14 Jan 13

I use google for searching pca forum, example:

put your text here site:pcadvisor.co.uk/forums

try it out, copy and paste this into google

hdmi site:pcadvisor.co.uk/forums

Chronos the 2nd 10:24 AM 15 Jan 13

Lotvic

That is a useful tip though I must admit I do not search PCA these days.

As for the green tick,with me sometimes I can sometimes I cannot do this. Much the same as the format icons in the reply to this topic box. Sometimes they appear but most times they do not. I suspect that it is because I use this http://www.privacychoice.org/trackerblock/ie9 ( the icon are not there hence the link is not the usual way I would post. But I would rather have the intrusive ads,so loved by PCA, blocked than not.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…