Unable to system restore.

daz246 11:57 18 May 04

My PC has recently started to load up very slowly, with the icons on the bottom left of the taskbar (including Nortons) taking over 2 minutes now to load. Secondly my bt broadband service started running slow as well. I've checked this on a laptop and it's working fine so definetly the PC. Finally I tried to do a system restore but it keeps coming back saying incomplete restore. I've checked for viruses and spyware, and run defrag but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas?? I'm running XP with 512MB.
Thanks darren

cplug6919c 12:36 18 May 04

I had a very similar problem a few months ago, it turned out to be spyware causing it, try using AdAware, its on a lot of cover discs free. It worked for me, but be warned... it will also identify legit Windows files as rogue as well as the spyware files, be careful of what you delete.

2neat 12:36 18 May 04

click here. You need a full XP disc not a restore disc.

daz246 12:39 18 May 04

I've tried search and destroy and Adware and they both come up showing nothing. 2neat you think that it's my IE6 browser causing the problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…