Unable to stream video or audio directly

Rubbbish 15:19 20 Jun 04

I have recently had my hard drive replaced as my old one was defective. Since then I have been unable to listen to audio or view video on the internet without saving the target first and then starting it from the there. When I click to start audio or video directly from a web site I get the message, "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Playlist-1.pls could not be opened, because an unknown error occurred. Sorry about that. Try saving to disk first and then opening the file." Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

pj123 16:23 20 Jun 04

I use JetAudio for streaming audio/video. Download it free from click here Once installed run it and go to Preferences, File Associations. Tick Select All and then Update. OK your way back out and give it try. Not failed for me yet.

hugh-265156 19:12 20 Jun 04

not sure really but a lot of players use a .pls extension for playlists.

have you tried running disk cleanup and also clearing your browser cache maybe.might help.

ps. click here does a much better job than windows own disk cleanup and is safe to use on the default standard settings.

Rubbbish 12:16 23 Jun 04

I am using Netscape 7.1 and found that the settings for the browser's helper applications were not set correctly. Thanks anyway for the replies.

pj123 23:02 23 Jun 04

Don't forget to close the thread if it has been resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now