Unable to start Windows M.E

Woldgate 14:15 13 Mar 03

Start computor and screen shows press F1 to enter to continue or DEL to enter set up. Go to set up and everything appears OK. Press F1 and get "Bad command or file name". How do I get back into my M.E.?

©®@$ђ 14:40 13 Mar 03

make sure the keyboard and mouse are plugged in correctly,aswell as everything else

boot with a startup disk (floppy)

when you get to the a:\prompt type sys c:

A:\sys c:

press enter

should see files transfered,now boot up without floppy disk in.see what happens.

Woldgate 15:52 13 Mar 03

Thanks for the advice - still unable to get back to M.E. Keep getting "Bad command or file name. Then underneath this is C:\>

VoG™ 18:52 13 Mar 03

What happens if you type

WIN

at the C:\> prompt

and press Enter?

billyliv 20:00 13 Mar 03

Hi, Do you have the WIN ME CD? If you have, Boot up with the start up disc and select 'With CD support'. With the WIN ME CD in the CD/ROM at the A:\ prompt type in setup Or you may be told that your CD/ROM is 'E' in that case type in E:\setup. This will instal over your present setup and you will not lose anything. Cheers, Bill

Woldgate 21:58 13 Mar 03

unfortunately do not have WIN ME CD. Only have floppy boot disc which shows set up of computer. then as I have said (after pressing F1) just scrolls over to "bad command or file name" with C:\> beneath. Tried to type in WIN and pressed enter but still no joy

billyliv 00:50 14 Mar 03

Hi, I live in the Midlands. If you live nearby I can sort out your prob. In the meantime do you know of anyone who is running ME?. If so, ask them to make a 'Start up disc' and lend you the WIN ME Disc. You are not doing anything illegal as long as your O.S. is above board. In my own experience the so called Boot Discs are a waste of time. Start Up discs made maybe once every two months through your 'Add and Remove Programs' are worth their weight in gold and will get you out of many a tight spot. Cheers, Bill.

Woldgate 14:56 14 Mar 03

Thanks Bill - will do as you suggest and see if anyone locally is running ME (Midlands is some 200 miles from here)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac