unable to show pictures when opening web pages

Llwydyn 22:25 30 Mar 03

IE refuses to open certain pictures/graphics when accessing certain sites - eg my daughter was testing her knowledge on the BBC Maths Bitesize web site this evening and the diagrams only showed a red cross in the top corner. I am sure that I have seen a solution for this problem in one of the PC Advisor magazines, but have not been able to find it in any back issues which are carefully stored under the bed! Can anyone help?

penny 23:39 30 Mar 03

Could try re-installing Int Explorer or upgrading to a later version. Download latest Java plugin.Sorry but thats all I can think of for now.

User-312386 23:46 30 Mar 03

click on tools, then advanced

now look down the list under multimedia

make sure the "show pictures" is ticked

Now make sure the "show placeholders" is unticked

madboy33

Llwydyn 00:13 31 Mar 03

Have checked - both "show pictures" and "show image download placeholders" are already set as you suggested.

User-312386 00:15 31 Mar 03

what operating system are you using?

MAJ 00:20 31 Mar 03

See if right-clicking on the missing picture's placeholder and choosing "Show Picture" does anything, Llwydyn.

Stuartli 00:21 31 Mar 03

Try Repair through Add/Remove Programs.

Double click on IE6 (and SP1 if it is also listed on the same line) and select Repair.

Llwydyn 00:38 31 Mar 03

Thanks all - OS is WinME.
Have already tried "Show Picture" - does not work!
Cannot see IE6 in Add/Remove Programs nor can I see 'Repair'!

SurgicalSpirit 07:48 31 Mar 03

this solution worked for me whin i had the same problem click here you might have to boot in safe mode to do it, i had to but try without first

Llwydyn 17:47 31 Mar 03

Seems to me that this fix is for Win XP?

JoeC 17:51 31 Mar 03

a firewall can cause this ( it was doing it with me ! ).If you have a firewall installed,try taking the tick out of " Enable Privacy " .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…