unable to show native resolution of monitor

kermit81 08:17 19 Mar 10

I have an HP 2210i 21.5" TFT LCD monitor with native 1920*1080 resolution.
My pc is an Acer Aspire M1201. I can't change the resolution to 1920*1080. The configuration panel says: general non-PnP display with ATI Radeon 2100. The maximum resolution i can choose in this menu is 1600*1200. Although the monitor tells me (when i push the button for auto-configuration) that the recommended settings are 1920*1080.

Thank you so much!
I hope i get rid of this distorted view very soon.
Hans from Belgium.

mooly 08:28 19 Mar 10

I suspect your problem is that the driver for the Radion 2100 graphics doesn't support that resolution.

Perhaps try and update your graphics driver, but always make a restore point first, or better still take a full image backup.

canarieslover 08:30 19 Mar 10

It seems as if the on-board graphics are not capable of supporting higher resolutions. I believe that there is a PC1 Express slot on the motherboard so perhaps you should look at getting a proper graphics card.

kermit81 09:10 19 Mar 10

mooly and canarieslover, thank you very much for your advise. i will first try to update the graphics driver. i let you know if that solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…