Unable to send/receive mail

Meshuga 14:04 16 Jun 04

I use win xphome and outlook express for mail. I suddenly find that I cannot send or receive email. I have checked the settings and found that the server port setting for outgoing mail which is normally set at 25 had changed to 7362. I reset it to 25. The setting for incoming mail is set at 110 which is correct. I still cannot email in or out. I have run a NAV virus check, also adaware and spybot and nothing reported. I shoud mention that I am on broadband and everything else functions ok. What can I try now please. Meshuga.

Tog 14:26 16 Jun 04

Have you checked the blocked ports list in your firewall?

Not that I have ever done that...

Meshuga 14:34 16 Jun 04

No Tog, I have not done that. I have not blocked any ports in the firewall but will check it and report back. I have found since first posting that any incoming mail appears in tiscaly webmail instead of OE. Meshuga.

GaT7 15:01 16 Jun 04

"I should have mentioned that when I try to mail out I get an error message saying that my server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Meshuga." - Taken from other post click here.

Please tell us the error code. It'll be something like: 0x800CCC0E.

GaT7 15:14 16 Jun 04

Is it error code 0x800ccc0f? "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection..." Then click here. If it's 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0e click here. HTH, G

Meshuga 15:29 16 Jun 04

Hello Crossbow7, yes the error number is)OX800CCCOF.and states that the server has unexpectedly terminated etc.Have looked at your click here but think I might have to get professional help on this as my knowledge is limited. Regards and thanks to you and Tog.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…