Unable to send photos as email attachments

Totally confused 20:42 25 Jan 06

I am trying to sell a car and I urgently need to email photos of it, but when I select the files containing the photos they either do not reach the email I am trying to send at all, or they are no good when they have been sent. I was told only half the image was there. I have a dial up connection with Wanadoo and have to use their web mail to send email. The photos were taken on an ordinary camera and scanned in to my computer. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Diodorus Siculus 20:44 25 Jan 06

click here and you can upload your image to it; then email the link to all who want it.

Stuartli 21:28 25 Jan 06

Are you right clicking on the photo file(s) and using Send To (e-mail recipient) from the menu?

If you have XP you can vary the file size(s) using a pop up menu.

Totally confused 22:15 25 Jan 06

Yes, I have tried right clicking the photos and allowing Windows to reduce their size, everything goes well until I click send to mail recipient. Then, when I try to send the email I am told it can't be sent and that I should check my News Account, whatever that is! I appear to only be able to send email via Wanadoo Webmail.

Stuartli 22:35 25 Jan 06

It would go through your Mail Account(s).

If you use OE check that the ISP e-mail accounts are entered in the Mail tab from Tools>Internet Options>Accounts.

You will also need to set your ISP (as you have more than one) as the Default. Also ensure from the individual accounts' Properties that your main ISP is used to send and receive e-mails from other accounts (via Connection tab>Always use etc menu>name your main ISP)

Totally confused 23:00 25 Jan 06

Sorry, Stuartli, I only have one ISP and that is Wanadoo. When I click on Tools>Internet Options I do not get an Accounts option. I have no idea what is meant by News Account either. I really am totally confused.

VoG II 23:05 25 Jan 06

Why can't you use Outlook Express? click here

Les 23:19 25 Jan 06

My next door neighbour had Wanadoo, I set up an account in Outlook Express for him, using the very detailed instructions found on the Wanadoo site itself. click here

Click on Help (top reight hand of browser - last item

Type in search Outlook Express - click the button

On the page which then comes up, scroll down to the item "What setting do I use in Outlook Express" and clicl on it.

Full Instructions on how to set this up

Hope this helps.

Les 23:22 25 Jan 06

You beat me to it 8-))

Stuartli 00:04 26 Jan 06

I did say "...if you use OE"..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…