unable to send or receive e-mails

Nightmanager 11:15 23 Jan 10

my laptop is running windows vista and everything is working,but i have over 800 emails trying to come through how do i get rid of these..and it won't let me recive them seems to be blocking the system...help

lotvic 12:38 23 Jan 10

Using your Browser (Internet Explorer - Firefox etc)login to the the Webmail server for your email and sort them out there.

Sea Urchin 12:48 23 Jan 10

If you know there are over 800 emails waiting then presumably you have already accessed them on the webmail site - so as lotvic says you can read/delete them as required.

Nightmanager 13:35 23 Jan 10

I am using windows mail would this still be accessible from the browser. I am getting a message as follows An unknown error has occured: Subject test' Account'mail.tesco.net'Server response'421 aamta out 01-winn.ispmail.ntl.com lost connection to (86.24.21.73)port25, secure (ssl) no server error:421 error number 0x800ccc67 0x800cccof

Sea Urchin 13:56 23 Jan 10

Quite possibly a problem with the Tesco server. Try accessing your mail by going to

mail.tesco.net

in your browser window and signing in there to your email account.

Sea Urchin 14:10 23 Jan 10

Tesco email status page doesn't seem to have been updated for nine months (!) so is not much help. Ironic that they say at the top of the page - we like to keep our customers informed :@)

click here

However, there is a troubleshooting page - you could check that all your settings are correct and have not become corrupted. This is for Outlook Express, but it will be the same setup for Windows Mail.

click here

Sea Urchin 14:19 23 Jan 10

Error 421 basically means "Service not available" which would point to a Tesco server error. If that is the case then you may not be able to access your account via webmail either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…