unable to send mail from within oe

p;3 19:18 07 Jun 05

on BTopenworld in OE; they have today launched to server requires authentification requirment; I have done that; however something is stopping mails from going out and mails are seemingly being stopped by AVG; I have spoken with the btopenworld help desk and I think I have authenticated everything I should have; is there a tweek I need to do to AVG or to OE ? I am running out of ideas here:((

I have also tried sending with hopefully AVG switched off and still they are blocked by AVG; I am lost for ideas:(( and need help please:)

I can download off server into OE but cannot send owt :(

any ideas peoples

VoG II 19:20 07 Jun 05

Do you get an error message?

Have you checked your smtp setting in OE?

iambeavis 19:23 07 Jun 05

Have you Enabled the check box for My server requires SMTP authentication and entered your Account Name and password in the settings section.

iambeavis 19:48 07 Jun 05
  p;3 19:49 07 Jun 05

am speaking with bt at present; in oe i have done
tools/accounts/mail/server/settings/in the account name all i have been asked to put is my name but without the btopenworld part of my address, and log on using that name/i have not marked the log on using secure password authentication

i have been waiting for an answer from bt for about 10 minutes now and still holding;;;{{{

p;3 21:22 07 Jun 05

have spent the last hour on the phone changing setting etc on OE; still completely unable to send mails and mailwasher is picking up that they are rejected due to the authentificaion thing

how for starters can I disable the AVG to test send a mail without protection; and how do I find out how to sort this out so that I can send mails?

I have had to completely reset OE and set it back again;

I dont know whether avg is the problem or what now::(((((

at present completely unable to send from within oe but can pick up from server ok (famous last words)

p;3 21:28 07 Jun 05

have turned avg control centre off; and sent a mail via oe but STILL the avg is picking it up and sending it back as uuauthenticated::((((

VoG II 21:31 07 Jun 05

CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Task Manager, End all AVG tasks.

Can you send now?

p;3 21:43 07 Jun 05

have had to reboot and reload; but wondering how I switch off the e mail scanner; this is really making me angry now:(((

VoG II 21:47 07 Jun 05

As above.

p;3 21:50 07 Jun 05

which entries do I try and select; have just had to reboot doing that::(((

am not a happy bunny right now and gettign somewhat......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now