Unable to send mail

Meshuga 18:47 22 Oct 04

I am running XPHomeSP2 on my pc and cannot send mail via OE. I keep getting an error message as follows.
Connection to server failed account pop3 lineone.co.uk Serverpop3lineone.co.uk ProtocolSMTP Port7363 Secure (SSL) No. Socket error 10060, Error number Ox800cccOE.
I can receive ok. How can I stop this please.Meshuga.

VoG II 18:54 22 Oct 04

Some things to try, Meshuga click here

Meshuga 19:30 22 Oct 04

Done as you suggested but am unable to resolve it as things that are supposed to appear when you click, dont. I srongly suspect that NAV2003 is causing it, it is mentioned as a possible cause, and since it is coming up to renewal time do you think it advisable to install the 2005 version or even 2005 norton internet security which has the AV on it. That way I could buy the version and i would not have to be without AV protection while douwnloading it. Hope I`ve made sense. Meshuga.

VoG II 21:06 22 Oct 04

Try turning Norton off, Meshuga, then try sending a message.

Personally I am not a fan of Norton. We have got it on my daughter's laptop and I find it to be an absolute pain. We were caught-out with a special offer at PC World. As soon as it expires I plan to ditch it and replace with AVG plus ZoneAlarm.

Meshuga 21:21 22 Oct 04

I have already done that but it made no difference and while it was off I ran a scan with eScan which found a virus on NAV. It said " Infected by Trojan.JS Seeker virus. Action taken: File deleted." I have now uninstalled Nav altogether and using eScan but I still cannot send mail except through Hotmail. Any suggestions please before I go to the expense of calling a local profesional in. Regards,Meshuga.

beeuuem 21:33 22 Oct 04

Not familiar with NAV but, unless you are using a proxy, the port setting for SMTP should be 25
click here applies to Lineone as well

Meshuga 22:04 22 Oct 04

I have made sure that is the setting but problem still exists.Meshuga.

beeuuem 22:13 22 Oct 04

Your first post says the Server is set as Serverpop3lineone.co.uk ProtocolSMTP Port7363 Secure (SSL) No. Socket error 10060, Error number Ox800cccOE.
The server settings should be:-

LineOne users

Pop incoming mail "pop3.lineone.net" and

Outgoing mail SMTP "smtp.lineone.net"

Meshuga 08:15 23 Oct 04

re your last posting of 22-13hrs my smtp port setting Was 7363 but i changed it to 25. It had changed itself to 7363 on 2 occasions. The incoming and outgoing settings are correct but fault still exists. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 08:25 23 Oct 04

further to my last post,having changed the smtp port setting to the default 25 it has,again , changed back to 7363. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…