Unable to send freeserve email thro aol connection

Jrc1 13:22 11 Dec 03

i have a freeserve email account and can recieve mail but not send it when connected thro aol using oe6. if i use my freeserve connection it is ok,can anyone help?

Jester2K II 13:27 11 Dec 03

You can only SEND mail using the ISP you are connected to. So when you are connected to AOL you can only send though AOL and visa versa...

Djohn 13:46 11 Dec 03

Jester2K II is correct, you can only send from the ISP you are logged on to. If you go to "Keyword" and type "Communicator" you can download AOL's new Communicator program.

Once set up this will act as a central point for all your incoming mail from pop 3 servers and you will be able to read then reply to them direct from the program.

So you will be able to read and reply to your freeserve mail through AOL. But you cannot use freeserve to initiate a mail in the first place. This will still need to be done through Freeserve, by logging on to them or any other ISP that you subscribe to. j.

The GnoMe 13:58 11 Dec 03

I had the same problem when i changed my isp, all i did was to connect with my new isp as normal and log onto the old isp's website and check my mail with the webmail service, like hotmail, so you are not downloading anything to your comp therefore you can just send it online.

hope i made sense as i am finding it hard to get my words out today (works christmas do last night) ha ha

click here

and type in your email and password and hey presto you can send and recieve your freeserve mail whilst still connecting with aol

minter 14:30 11 Dec 03

I have been with Pipex for going on three months, and am still using my Freeserve e-mail address with no problems.

They are going through the Pipex system, but still going backwards and forwards which is all that matters. The only thing is, for how long.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac