Unable to send emails through OE when on DLink

Connaught 16:59 18 Mar 08

When I am logged in through a Dlink when travelling, I am able to download my emails through OE but I am unable to send any. They just lie in th Outbox. Is there a configuration I must apply when using a DLink. OE works perfectly well when I am not on the move. Many thanks

brundle 21:05 18 Mar 08

Are you connecting to the 'net using a different ISP ? You need to change the SMTP settings to the servers used by that ISP. You can get round that with Googlemail and with a bit of configuration still appear to recipients as if you're sending email from your ISP email account.

Connaught 05:45 19 Mar 08

Thank you Brundle. Well I am not sure. My ISP is with Cable and Wireless Guernsey and I am away in New Zealand using a DLink. It works well with the internet and also picks up my emails through Outlook Express so it must use the original ISP. I can send my emails by logging into the [email protected] website and sending them that way. In effect bypassing Outlook Express for the outward mail. Does that make sense?

brundle 06:27 19 Mar 08

Yes - but you aren't using the same ISP to connect to the 'net and that is the important point - you can only use the SMTP (sending) servers of the ISP you use to connect to the net at any given time - find out who is supplying your net connection now, find out their SMTP server names and change the current settings in your OE configuration. It's a method intended to block spammers logging on to any old ISP and sending heaps of emails through a range of sending servers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…