Unable to send emails on pop3 account

Dannyb 23:12 19 Mar 06

I have a laptop pc with Windows XP. I have copied over my pop3 settings from my home pc but find that whilst I can receive emails in my pop3 account I cannot send any. There is no error notice to report a problem. I can use webmail accounts alright. Can anybody advise as I'm sure it must just be a setting that I need to change.
Thanks

ajm 23:15 19 Mar 06

Looks like your smtp settings-for sending out emails-may be set up incorrect. Let us know know who is your ISP adn what email client you are using?

Dannyb 23:18 19 Mar 06

My ISP is pipex and I use outlook express

Dannyb 23:19 19 Mar 06

sorry, should have mentioned that the setting currently read "smtp.dsl.pipex.net"

Dannyb 23:21 19 Mar 06

sorry, I can't even get that right, it's .com not .net

ajm 23:22 19 Mar 06

According to the pipex website, the smtp setting should be set as smtpauth.dsl.pipex.com

Taff™ 23:26 19 Mar 06

It should be "smtpauth.dsl.pipex.com" Your Username should be in the format "abcd12%dsl.pipex.com" Note: % not @

Dannyb 15:27 20 Mar 06

Thanks, I have now tried that but without success.

Taff™ 06:25 21 Mar 06

Make sure that the outgoing server does NOT need authentication. If that doesn`t work I suggest you delete the account and set it up again. If no luck then phone Pipex Tech support - they`ll sort it out for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…