unable to send email with outlook express

johnnyroper 19:14 10 Oct 06

hi all
ever since i went to bt broadband i have been unable to set my old uk online email to work on outlook express i have altered various settings and it will recieve but not send
i just get an error box saying message could not be sent because 1 of the recipients was rejected by the server,server response 550 relay not permitted port 25 secure [no server]error 550 error number 0x800ccc79
any help from someone who knows what all this means and how to resolve it is most appreciated
thanks

STREETWORK 19:30 10 Oct 06

Rejected by the server usually means that the email address does not exist...Check the address you are sending it to, remember that it is case sensitive...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:31 10 Oct 06

try click here

may help

johnnyroper 19:47 10 Oct 06

hi streetwork and fruitbat/\0/\ i tried what you both suggested i have tried to email a known active address but it still comes up the same error message
thanks for the advice anyway

eedcam 22:25 10 Oct 06

Have you by any chance changed your address if so check that is what is in the 'From box' it has a habit of sometimes using the old one

Ashrich 22:32 10 Oct 06

As it's an " old UK Online address " has it been cancelled ....or sometimes ISP's don't like mail being sent through someone elses servers , to stop spamming . If you had a monthly uk online account and have cancelled and have stopped paying for it , they will probably have closed it down .

Ashley

johnnyroper 15:38 11 Oct 06

thanks for the advice eedcam and ashrich i have tried what you said and checked from box all is ok,the uk online account was a pay as you surf account i can access it ok from uk online home page so it is probably them blocking me sending from bt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…